Question

Use Gong snippets or transcripts for customer testimonials

• 24 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have a question that I wanted to ask the community in terms of how we can use Gong snippets or transcripts in order to convert them into customer testimonials that are of course anonymized

Has anybody considered and addressed whether there are any legal implications if we just create customer testimonials from actual Gong transcripts/video/audio, and we use them for different videos and other social media and marketing purposes?

For example, the Gong CEO himself has done that here and I remember one post where he did it with sound, I just can’t find it:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/amitbendov_airocks-lastmoveradvantage-activity-7079017597932847104-fJpt/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

Do we need to get any special permission to do that? Even though we will not be sharing any other information like the person who said it or the company they represent. The only thing that we will be using is their voice or text and I don’t think that that’s sensitive information/PII

Is this something that we can do freely or do we actually need to get permission? Have anyone done anything similar and therefore can advise what the best course of action is

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Leon Hassid!

Like any quote, you’ll need approval from the customer, unless it’s anonymized. If any information like name, organization, role, etc is exposed, you’d need approval. 

I hope this helps! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Sure @Molly Kipnis indeed i was suggesting only on an anonymous basis that we don’t need to do anything extra

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Correct :) @Leon Hassid