Unleashing the Power of Data: Quantify the impact of your SKO (and all strategic initiatives!)

• 14 July 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Watch the full interview here: 

As the VP of Go-to-Market Enablement at Gong, I have the privilege of leading our Enablement team in spearheading strategic initiatives like new products, messaging, or competitive strategies. 

The key to measuring the success of our efforts is data. During my nine years at Tableau and now here at Gong, I have always loved diving into the numbers and gaining valuable insights.

According to McKinsey, 70% of large transformational initiatives fail. At Gong, we refuse to be part of that 70%. 

In this video, I sat down with Nisha to share a framework that we have been using internally at Gong to measure and track the success of our own strategic initiatives. Here's a quick overview:

1. Intake and Insights: We gather data from various sources, including leadership, market dynamics, and our own Gong technology. We analyze this data to assess the health of our business and identify areas for improvement.
  2. Training and Certification: We roll out comprehensive training programs, ensuring that our teams are well-equipped to articulate the value proposition of our products. We measure attendance, collect feedback, and assess confidence levels to gauge the effectiveness of the training.
  3. Adoption and Usage: Using our own technology, like Gong’s Smart Trackers, we monitor conversations and interactions related to the initiatives. We leverage sentiment analysis, tagging, and content management tools to evaluate the adoption and impact of our initiatives.
  4. Business Impact: Ultimately, we aim to tie our initiatives to tangible business outcomes. We track metrics like win rates, ramp time, and customer satisfaction to showcase the true impact of our efforts.

By following this framework, we can create a strong foundation for success and avoid becoming another statistic. 

Please let me know what thoughts or questions you have about this video in the comments!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!