3 Tips for More Effective Coaching

• 19 December 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge +3

Hi! My name is Sarah, and I’m an Instructional Designer on Gong’s Customer Education team. I recently had the incredible opportunity to learn from some of the best and brightest professional development experts while creating a coaching course for frontline managers using Gong. I learned a ton of great tips, but there are 3 things that stood out that I wanted to share with you all this holiday season (because sharing is caring 🎁).

Create Consistency

The hallmark of any effective initiative is being consistent. Enable your team early and often to keep them updated on industry trends, product knowledge, and sales techniques. Pro tip: Using Gong's Scorecards is a great way to check their understanding of key skills, and measure growth over time.

Two way street

Starting the conversation is the priority number one, but listening and building a collaborative coaching process comes in a close second. Demonstrate active listening skills to understand the challenges and concerns of each team member, and use Gong to highlight the good (and not so good) conversations. Hint: use your Library to curate some calls to use prior to your coaching sessions. Having the data to back-up your suggestions builds trust and shows that you value their input.

Be Great, Evaluate

Take the time to really understand what the largest bang for the buck is, particularly early on. Use your team's stats and insights to pinpoint areas of opportunity and come up with a plan to move the needle. Also, don't dilly dally - adjust your area of focus as new development opportunities are uncovered. 

These 3 things are just the tip of the iceberg - check out the rest in our newest coaching course to level up your team’s game and help them take their performance to the next level.

Happy Holidays!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!