Question

Trackers to build buyer personas and vertical intelligence

• 9 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi all - 

I’m wondering if anyone has ever used ‘Trackers’ to gain intelligence on the buyer and/or new verticals that you’re trying to move into? If so, what was your strategy, what phrases and key words did you track? 

2 replies

Hi @Jessica Clay great question!  Sharing a few resources on trackers. That being said, I’d love to connect you with someone on our Education / Enablement team that might have more relevant resources as this is a great question. @Brandon James any advice here?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Jessica Clay , love this question. It sounds like there are two pieces to this, how your team is positioning your solution to buyers in that vertical and how they are responding. 

It looks like you’ve identified those target verticals and maybe have even done some enablement on messaging for that type of buyer. Take some of the key phrases from that GTM messaging as well as some of the terms for (names of) those verticals/industries and create a tracker out of those that is set to said by people at your company. This will help you see how your reps are positioning (and how buyers are subsequently responding).

As for the buyer sentiment piece, you’re going to want to understand how your overall offering and positioning is sitting with these folks. You’d likely be looking for things like “similar types of businesses, our industry, our competitors, in the X space...” as well as the industry/vertical terms from the other tracker that were said by the other party to hear how those folks perceive your product and what it has to offer.

A few things to remember: 

• Trackers are meant to be updated so don’t worry too much about getting it right at first. Adjust as you go and as you see the results that are coming in.
  • Also, you can probably find a lot of inspiration for these trackers by listening to a call or two with a prospect in some of these verticals, try speeding it all the way up to 2.5x and flipping from the video view to the transcript view while it plays back so you can read and listen at the same time and get through the content faster :)

Zooming out a bit, I’d also recommend you take at look at the Calls tab and see if under Additional Filters> CRM > Account (subtab) > Account Industry your company is pulling in the industry an account is in. This way you can start to see this attribute as an independent variable in your searching and email alerts you’re likely looking to create and can then layer over that the language your team is being taught to use and/or the sentiment language in those trackers you build to get a nice picture of what’s happening in these conversations!

Let me know if you have any follow up questions, hopefully a few fellow customers also share their insights on this!