Question

What's your best advice to launch Smart Trackers?

• 1 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We are 9 months into our implementation and feel it's time to setup smart trackers.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @lburton! Love this topic — earlier this year, @Holly Hampson led a meetup all around how she rolled out Smart Trackers at Hello Heart! You can catch the recording here.

Tagging in a couple of folks who use Smart Trackers for any additional tips. 🙂

@Courtney Tucci @Alec Levandoski @Bradley Ciné @Marshall Hamilton @Barb S 

Badge

Hi! 

The biggest challenge I came across when setting up smart trackers for my company was finding the sweet spot between keeping the tracker specific enough to focus on what we needed to pull and broad enough that it doesn’t limit the amount of calls pulled.

My overall advice when setting them up is to be PATIENT in the setup itself (make sure you train the model with words/phrases that are going to pull exactly what you’re looking for), look at it as an a/b test when setting up as opposed to a turn key solution (the data pulls are incredible, i mainly mean to make sure the calls being tracked are the calls you want), and finally, utilize the “Initiative Board” under the Insights tab to measure the quality of the smart tracker. Can not recommend the initiative board enough once you finally have the tracker up and running as it is a GREAT way to stay organized and in the know of what the smart tracker is seeing. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Agreed with Adam! I would also add to be mindful of the tone you want it to pick up.

Example:

If you want to track why your opportunities aren’t moving forward, you want to track a “negative” tone from a prospect. Your prompts might look something like:

• The team wants to build internally, so we aren't moving forward
  • We decided to go with a competitor, so we won't be moving ahead
  • The team chose to go with a different vendor

It’s important to train the tracker to learn all the possible phrases that may lead to the outcome that you’re looking for.