Do You Know as Much as You Think You Do About Gong?

• 27 April 2022
  • 8 replies
Do You Know as Much as You Think You Do About Gong?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Quizzes, tests, exams - these are trigger words for many of us. Long, arduous, multiple choice exams with trick questions where the answer seems to vary each time you reread the question.  Well, we have some good news! At Gong, we’re not quizzing you. We’re helping you check your knowledge.

Introducing … Gong's Knowledge Checks!

Instead of traditional multiple choice, you’ll progress through a series of real-life scenarios, completing tasks to achieve a passing score — all while learning and reinforcing Gong best practices! 

Gong’s Knowledge Checks are learning tools as much as they are knowledge benchmarks. These checks guide you through day-in-the-life scenarios, from reviewing calls to adding feedback, from pipeline review to call search filters. It's truly a great way to gauge your progress and ensure you understand how Gong can help you achieve your goals.

Pro-tip: Make sure you’ve completed the Getting Started path or one of Gong's fantastic virtual instructor-led sessions before attempting the Knowledge Check. And even if you're not technically a Revenue Professional or Frontline Manager, you can (and should) take it too! After all it's not really a test. It's a knowledge check.

• Enablement teams: Share these interactive simulations with your Revenue Professionals and Frontline Managers to make sure they are as savvy as they should be.

• Frontline Managers: Complete the Knowledge Check, then send this link to your Sales team so they can complete the version for Revenue Professionals.

• Revenue Professionals: Access Gong Academy and get started on the Revenue Professional Knowledge Check. 

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Tim Halter this is a GAMECHANGER!! Thanks so much for sharing our new Knowledge Checks with the Gong Community. 

@Tainah @Tadhg OSullivan @drewshape @Anthony Theofanidis would love for you to share your feedback on the Knowledge Check for Revenue Professionals. 

@Leon Hassid @Elin Hammenfors @Emily Capleton @Arielle Parnes-Katz @Heidi Headley feel free to share these Knowledge Checks with your teams! 

@Molly Kipnis I am really excited about the new Knowledge checks. We are eager to build the Knowledge Checks into our onboarding process of users. Thank you for continuing to make our jobs easier! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Awesome @Heidi Headley, I love to hear that you’re adding this to your onboarding! 👏

Userlevel 1

@Molly Kipnis these knowledge checks are great! If I share them with my team, or include as part of onboarding, is there a way to see who passes the knowledge check?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello @Arielle Parnes-Katz, while you can’t directly see who on your team has passed the knowledge checks from within Gong Academy, you can work with your CSM to get a detailed report. I hope that helps!  

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

OK so this knowledge check was UNBELIEVABLE. @Molly Kipnis may I ask what tool did your team use to produce these? Walk.me i think can do things like this

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Leon Hassid thank you for the awesome feedback! Let’s ask @Tim Halter :) 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello @Leon Hassid, thanks for the feedback on the Knowledge Check. So glad you liked it! The tool that was used to produce the point-and-click knowledge check is called Storyline by a company called Articulate. You can create all kinds of content with it. From quizzes to presentations to if/then scenarios. These courses do live ‘outside’ of the Gong platform. Like you mentioned, you’d need to use a tool like WalkMe or UserIQ to create something that overlays the system and allows users to click through the software. We do use WalkMe steps in certain areas within Gong today, but there is room to grow that area out. I’m curious, is in-app training (like WalkMe) something you find more useful?