Question

How to aggregate Activity in Gong, specifically inbound/outbound emails and calls

• 22 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I want to model out the characteristics of closed won deals.   One of the metrics I am keenly interested in is the number of customer facing interactions.   I am less concerned about sales cycle as I am how many touches does it take.   I can see this information when I go to Account Status.   I can look deal by deal for all closed won activities but this is very time consuming.   What I can’t seem to find in places like insights is a roll up for all inbound email, outbound email and calls.   If I can see that in aggregate by seller that would give me amazing insight for what a closed won deal looks like.   That would be a massive win for me as a sales leader.   Is there a way to export this data?   I don’t mind doing the work in excel if I can’t get it in Gong.   I am trying to upload an image the icon here doesn’t seem to want to let me add the screenshot.   In short, if I go to account status I see exactly what I am after but I can’t do this across 50 deals a quarter and manually enter all the info into a spreadsheet.   Any help here is greatly appreciated.  

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Joe Barrow! Good to hear from you 🙂

Let me think on this and get back to you with a solution. Thanks for your patience!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi again @Joe Barrow!

The data in Account Status is definitely the closest thing to what you’re looking for, but even there, you’ll see an aggregate of ALL activities from before and after a deal closes. This means that it would still be up to you to figure out when each deal closes and isolate the number of touches from that period to really be able to figure out how many touches a particular deal needed to be closed.

However, the Ask Anything feature on the Deals page seems to have some relevant data.

If this doesn’t meet your needs, I highly recommend submitting this as a feature request to our Product Team. You can do that on the righthand side of https://visioneers.gong.io/product-updates

I hope this helps! 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks, this is what I suspected, I will submit a feature request.   I appreciate the reply.