Question

Exporting All Gong Recordings Directly to Google Drive

• 31 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

To whom it may concern:

My team would like to export all of our Gong recordings before our contract and licenses expire, however - considering how large video files typically are - I’d imagine we have TBs and TBs worth of video files and none of us have the ability to download these and save them locally. That said, is there a way to export all of our recordings directly to our company Google Drive? At least this way we can spare ourselves the headache of trying to download these, save them locally (if we have space), and then upload them to Google Drive.

Thanks,

Tim

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Tim Morris,

Thanks for reaching out to the Gong Community!

A technical resource on your team can run a script in an API platform to export call data (which includes video & audio files). Please find more details below on how an engineer on your team can export these calls from Gong:

What the Gong API Provides

See also: Receive access to the API

To pull all calls from Gong, please use the v2/calls/extensive endpoint, with more details linked below:
https://app.gong.io/settings/api/documentation#post-/v2/calls/extensive

Our Support Team also created this Google Doc to assist customers in utilizing our API to download call data in bulk. If you have any additional questions about this, I recommend opening a support ticket via the customer support portal Link - and our Support Team would be happy to investigate this issue further on their end 🔍👀

Badge

Hi Tim, 

At this time, Gong calls cannot be uploaded directly to Google Drive. The best way to export calls in bulk would be to use the Gong API. If you have any further questions about this, please contact your CSM or the Support team

Badge

@Rachel Donelan - thanks for the response! I’ve been trying to locate someone @ Gong who can shepherd my teammates & I through the process on a call as I’ve had difficulty following some of the instructions I’ve been sent. If you’d be able to help us track someone down who has the bandwidth, I’d appreciate it!

Badge

@Tim Morris Though we cannot assist with making API calls, the Support team can help answer your team’s questions! Please submit a new ticket via the Help Center and a member of our team will get back to you 😊